100 day challenge!
Friday, August 08, 2008
I am so glad I ran across this in the forums......
Here are 10 reasons that I want to get to my weight loss goal and stay there!
1. Wear smaller (i.e. cuter) clothes
3. Look smoking hot when Jeff comes home on leave and beyond
4. Wear a bikini on my honeymoon
5. Reduce risk of health problems
6. Actually accomplish something/ Prove that I can do it!
7. Build confidence as I go along...not through weightloss...better thinking
8. Learn to make healthy, tasty foods that the whole family will like
9. Play sports again...mainly golf...I want to compete
10.This is something that I want for myself...there aren't many things that I want for me.
There are many things that have hurt my weight-loss success in the past. Here are some of them:
+Procrastination - I don't always finish things or take a long time to do it
+No control - I feel out of control with my eating at times...esp. late at night
+Unhappy - I was in an extremely unhappy marriage..wasn't thinking about myself at all
+Excuses - There was always some reason that I wouldn't do it...no time, no resources, too tired....etc, etc, etc.
"I used to be that way, but now I'm different"
I will make plans and set goals that are actually achievable. I won't set myself up for failure. The physical factors are that I can not have bad foods in the house, or separate them into single servings. Mentally, I need to face my control issues. I don't have a therapist right now but I will write about the way I feel more often. Instead of binging, I need to get those feelings out instead of "covering" them up. My marriage effected my mental health greatly. I am now in a happy relationship and I will show that in the way I take care of myself. NO MORE EXCUSES!!! There really are no excuses. Even, when I can't get to the gym, I can do home exercises. I've got legs! They can get to walking...
I am just catching up on the 100 day challenge so my first day will actually be tomorrow....I'm excited for this challenge!