Sunday, March 14, 2010
I finally got my old knees out again on a beautiful afternoon, after giving them a three day rest.
I learned a few lessons:
- There's a huge difference between 54 and 84 degrees
- It's probably best not to run at 3:30 pm
- Running into the wind is exhausting
- Running would be easier if I remembered to take my thyroid in the morning
- When I have allergies, I really should take antihistamines
- I'm a very poor judge of my pace
I got tired, really tired. So after 25 minutes I opted to walk. Then I tried running again but just didn't have it in me. So I walked back. It was disappointing, but I just chalked it up to a difficult day.
When I got back, I mapped it, and discovered that even with 15 minutes of walking, I managed a 4.7 mph pace. Clearly I have no clue.
Note to self: SLOW DOWN, yes, a snail's pace is just fine.