This is the Duck's plan of action (POA) and it seems to work.
1. Nutrition. Eat to Live! Plan meals at least 24 hours in advance and commit to your meal plan. Every meal should have some sort of protein (and I am not saying go on a high protein diet). Eat your protein first then if you have room eat your carbs. No seconds! If you eat 3 large meals, do not snack in between unless it is a part of your meal plan.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH THAT IS NOT ON YOUR MEAL PLAN. If you know you are going to a game or an event, make a contingency plan and follow it. Same goes if you are taking the kids to McD's.
2. H2O. 64 oz. minimum and it really should be just that ... WATER. Limit your soda intake to 1 per day (if you absolutely have to have it). Try healthier alternatives like sparkling water and a little lemon. (Read label's if they are flavored).
Water is a natural diuretic and also flushes toxins from the system.
Note: I also make a lemon tea (just water and lemon juice, no sweetener if you can help it) to drink in the morning and in the evening before going to bed. This clears the cobwebs for me and lemon is also great for the digestive track and cutting stomach acids).
3. Exercise. Commit to love yourself. A minimum 30 minutes to an hour of cardio per day will lengthen your lifespan and shorten your belt. NO EXCUSES! Do the Couch Potato Shuffle if you have to, but it is time to move.
4. Validation. Go through your closet and find an article of clothing that is too tight or uncomfortable to wear at your current weight (or borrow something from a friend). Try it on, describe it to us, and then hang it at the front of your closet where you will see it every day. Heck, hang it in the kitchen next to the fridge or in the bathroom next to the scales. Then each week, try the article on and report back.
5. Before & After. There is nothing more daunting than taking a before picture! However the real motivation comes when you start taking after pictures 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc. out and then putting that most recent picture next to the before picture. What were subtle changes in your appearance become your motivation to keep pressing on!
These are simple rules in writing ... not so simple to follow. But, if you commit to them, you should see the scale move.
1. With that all said, the Duck is committing to the above B-2-B POA!
2. Additionally the Duck is setting a goal to run the Marine Corps Marathon in 2011 (November).
3. The Duck will use the tools here on Sparks and FitBit.
BMR : Pending
4. Validation items: Pending
5. NO EXCUSES, DUCK! I will not make excuses for not losing weight after all who am I going to blame but myself.
GOALS: I have set a new weight & fitness goal for 2011.
Dress Size: 4-6
Truth, honor, and commitment ... this is my plan and I am sticking to it.