Getting My Second Wind
Saturday, January 29, 2011
On Monday I weigh in for my work's "Biggest Loser" program. This will essentially be one weigh-in every week for twelve weeks. I don't really care how I perform against the other competitors, however, I believe that this will give me the incentive to reach my original goal. Everything seems to be aligning for this to occur. Here's what I have going for me:
1) A weigh-in every week for twelve weeks.
2) I'll be registered for usage of my work's fitness center and I'm sure that I'll make use of the exercise equipment.
3) My surgery, sinus infection, out of town Christmas visitors, vacation to the west coast, completion of a significant year-long work project, and work presentation to three levels of supervisors has been completed. Stress is way down from where it had been.
4) Feeling well enough to restart my exercise routine in which I had expanded to running for 6 to 7 miles on both Saturdays and Sundays. Also will continue my other exercises of weightlifting and hopefully situps and knee bends.
5) Continue to have the support of the JUDDD Spark Team and have what I think is a great plan where I am doing water fasts for Down Days on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
6) Complete support from my wife. She supports my M/W/F water fasts and makes me large salads topped with feta cheese and flax seeds on my eating days.
7) More time for making this work. For the last five years, I've been coaching my son's ice hockey and soccer teams. He's never cared about sports that much and doesn't want to play anymore. Even though I'd love it if he stuck with it, I definitely have more time on my hands now. I used to get some exercise skating when coaching the practices, however not really any exercise during the games. Traveling to and from the rink can be time consuming and being a perfectionist, I would get a little stressed out planning out practices as I would always be looking for the right drills for the team to do each week.
I'm not going to get a better opportunity to reach my goal than right now. I must take advantage of this situation and the second wind that I presently have. I had a good initial loss a couple of years ago and I've been able to maintain that small loss, now it's time to put all my effort in reaching my goal!