I am not much of a blogger but since this is part of the weekend challenge for BLC 20, here goes:
My goals for BLC20 are the ff:
1. Lose 20 lbs (from 213 to 193 lbs) –yay this would put me in ONEDERLAND!!!
2. Fit into my size 16 jeans – fitting into size 14 will be a bonus!!
3. Improve my mile walk/run. Currently, I am at 18 mins & 46 secs.
4. Not look like I am 10 yrs older than my actual age specially when I am with my friends. Seriously, my BFFs from high school look like they are still in high school. The have not aged at all!!!
My POA (plan of action) to reach these goals:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water daily. I seldom forget to drink water, but ever since the start of the challenge, I have been consciously drinking 8 glasses daily.
2. Limit my diet coke to 1 a day. I am a diet coke addict, but I know how bad this is for me so I am going to limit my diet coke to 1 daily until I can totally eliminate this.
3. Stay within calorie range except when I am totally eating clean.
4. Try 1 new clean recipe a week. I have subscribed to so many pages on FB where they showcase various eat-clean recipes.
5. Minimum of 30 mins of cardio 6x/week.
6. 3x/week upper and lower body strength workout.
7. 3x /week core exercises.
Week 1 (Sept 12 – 18)
This week is the “getting to know your team” week. I am loving my team so much. A bunch of chatty, supportive ladies and gentlemen. This week, I have started incorporating clean eating into my diet, with a few hits and miss now and then. Before the challene, DH and I have been walking/jogging 3 miles/week. I, however, have joined the 12 week workout streak, so I have been working out almost everyday now.
Week 2 (Sept 19-25)
My high school friend is visiting from the Philippines so we will definitely have a get-together with other friends. Get-together means eating!! I will do my best to make good choices here.
Week 3 (Sept 26 – Oct 2)
This is my DD’s 7th bday (Sept 26). My family loves to eat and always finds a reason to eat out. This will be a good reason to eat out. And, when we eat out, it is usually BUFFET style. DH says to get our money’s worth, we have to keep going back for more. OH NO!!! I will, however, suggest Olive Garden or any other restaurant which serves healthy soups and salad. DD’s favorite is Soup Plantation, so maybe we could just go there. We’ll see. Any suggestions?
Nothing really special events happening here. Just continue with my POA.
Week 8 ( Oct. 31 – Nov 6)
HALLOWEEN!!! Fortunately, I am not into candies so this week will not be a problem. Yay for me!!
Week 9 (Nov 7 – 13)
No special occasion as well! Stick to POA. By this time, I should be seeing a big improvement in my mile walk/run time.
Week 10 (Nov 14-20)
Nothing special planned. Stick to POA.
Week 11 (Nov 21-27)
THANKSGIVING. We go to my SIL’s house for Thanksgiving and there is a lot of food during this time. I will try my very very very best to eat healthy here. I will track everything I eat and make sure to workout doubly hard during this week to compensate for all the calories to be consumed.
Week 12 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
Last chance workout. I really hope to see a big improvement on how I feel and look by this point.
I am so excited. Good luck to all of us!!!
Here is a picture of my BFFs
Here is a "before" picture of me now.
Now do you see what I mean?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing the future beautiful me. lol.
Let's do it, Mustangs!!