Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Today's SparkCoach session suggested I do some thinking on what my underlying motivation is for losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle...then blog about it...so here I am!
Let's face it...most of us want to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle for vanity reasons... We all want to look thinner and more fit and trim...right? I do, too....a lot!! But after giving it some deeper thought, this is a list of my underlying motivation:
1. I want to go skiing with my family next winter without feeling like I'm going to collapse!
2. I want to go through every day of my life with less pain from Fibromyalgia...no pain would be better, but I'll be happy and grateful for less pain.
3. I want to feel less fatigued every minute of every day.
4. I want to be excited to get out and do something that requires energy, rather than "treating" myself to a day on the couch..."relaxing"...or some such thing!
5. I want to feel less like a big fat cow next to my very thin husband! Yeah, that's a vanity thing, but it's still important to me.
Now I know what is really motivating me and I'm working towards it!