Finding a silver lining
Monday, February 03, 2014
According to my scale this morning, I gained three pounds in the last week. Not cool. However, I think at least part of it was because TOM came back, and due to my health problems I hadn't seen TOM in awhile. So I'm actually not that upset because I feel like this is a sign that I really am getting better, and that makes me really happy.
Also I've realized I need to be a little more thoughtful about my diet and exercise. I'm going to try these new strategies this week and see what happens:
- bring back Saturdays as my "treat day" and not eat junk other days
- regularly include strength training in my routine
- find an inspirational quote and post it in my room
- write down a list of reasons why I want to get back to my previous weight, and look at it periodically
- stop baking for awhile, unless I KNOW I can give all of the goodies away quickly, and try cooking new healthy recipes instead
I tried my "eat a scoop of dough after the cookies are in the oven" trick and it did kind of work, at first. I sipped green tea while making the cookies and didn't sample any dough until I had put the first batch in the oven, but then I lost my willpower and ate more dough, as well as more cookies. They were good (like, REALLY good), but not worth it.
Well, it's a new week, and I have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Monday everyone!