Social Outing Strategy
Sunday, April 13, 2014
I'm going to a Bunco fund raiser in a few hours and will use this blog as a tool to both strategize and hold myself accountable.
1) No beverages aside from water or unsweetened tea
2) 70% of my lunch plate will be salad
3) Lean protein only
4) No pasta
5) No bread
6) No candy
7) No kidding. I can't have a little pasta or a little bread. Perhaps some will argue that I can have a little and in truth I know it is possible. However, I know myself well enough to know that if I have a little, it will awaken a demon where there is a buffet table. The reward is not worth the risk.
8) I am going to decline the ever present M&Ms/nuts/snack at the tables by saying that I am under the weather. This is true, but it will also provide me extra encouragement to not stick my hand in the communal bowl after I already said it was not a good idea.
9) I am going to go overboard getting ready so that I will get lots of complements. This will help reinforce that the little things I do add up to positive results.
10) Even though I usually log my food when I get home, I am going to make an exception. This will help reinforce that I am not going back for seconds. It will also open the door to Spread the Spark!
11) I'm bringing a nice big pretty glass of water in with me just in case.
12) I'm also bringing an energy bar and apple just in case.
13) I have planned a short run for when I get home. I hate running when I am full or have a sugar hangover.
14) Tonight when I return successfully I am going to come here and share a big WooHoo with my SparkPeeps!