SETUP for SUCCESS
Monday, January 12, 2015
Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely!
1. Lose 17 pounds by my 30th birthday! It's in 17 weeks! That's only a pound a week! It will put me so close to my pregnancy weight.
2. 5k steps on my fitbit daily. When it's better weather I can easily optain 10k steps. Now that I'm stuck inside it's harder for me to get over 5k because I'm often cleaning or playing with my daughter. I'll set me goal for 5k steps and then move it higher in a few weeks when my workouts are more intense.
3. Drink at least seven 12 ounce glasses of water daily! That's 84 ounces. I have an app on my phone to remind me!
4. Get to the gym twice a week for 12 weeks. I picked Tuesdays as a definite day to go and will pick another once I found out my gym schedule for classes!
5. Lose 58 pounds this year would be my BIG goal. It would be a huge milestone! That's just over 1 pound a week. I would hit onederland!! and be 75 pounds lighter than my highest weight.
I have a list of rewards that I'd like to give myself but having them didn't work. This time I decided I'm going to set milestones and when I reach them just go buy something I really want at the time. Here's some examples of rewards and milestones.
*Haircut and colored
*Fitbit wrist band
*Yarn to make a scarf
*2 hours to myself at the mall (buy a new outfit)
Milestones: (big and small)
*Every 5 pounds (big!)
*Streaking my exercise and nutrition choice for 12 weeks (big!)
*Drinking my 84 ounces of water daily for 12 weeks (New water bottle for this!)
*Getting to the gym twice a week for 1 month (new workout outfit), 2 months (new workout outfit), 3 months (new sneakers)
My husband is sooooooooo supportive of my rewards and doing really well in eating healthier!
Friday- 5k and weekend challenge. I plan to do this at the gym on the treadmill or on my bike at home.
Saturday-Sunday- weekend challenge. Working out at home. Zumba, ST and maybe some 21 day Fix videos
Monday- weekend challenge and circuit exercise from my BLC team.
Tuesday- Gym day! LCW
Wednesday- Day off or light yoga exercising
Thursday- HIIT Core workout from BLC team. (might be day 2 at the gym with zumba depending on the gym schedule!)
3 New recipes/food
*I bought and ate a white grapefruit. I always buy the same kind. This was big and yummy!
*I made my own steak flatbread recipe. It was greek flatbread with steak, onions, mushrooms, spinach sun-dried tomato spread, and goat cheese. It was amazing.
*I have a recipe to make tomorrow for Maple Chicken. It's maple syrup and soy and a few other ingredients. The actual recipe is for putting it over fish but I don't have any so I'm putting it on chicken breast.
Sharing my plan for support with......
*My husband is sooooooooo supportive of my rewards and doing really well in eating healthier! He used to be my rough guy that always pushed me but I pushed back too much and he got sick of it. Now he sees me excited about working out and eating healthier again and he is back to pushing me!! yay!
*My two best friends! We met years ago on spark and text every day. I can almost always look at my phone and see a bunch of texts from Kiba and Amanda! We support each other in health and in friendship. They have kept me accountable and motivated me so much! We are all so close in weight and it's an awesome journey to take with two amazing people! I just wish we all lived closer!!
Destress and refocus
When a moment of weakness hits I know I can count on my two friends to be there to talk me out of it! I will also write in a journal when this moments hit and read some motivational quotes on the board I made to make me snap back into reality and back into my goal mind frame!
My focus is going to be time management! Setting a bed time and an awake time. A time to eat meals and a time to workout. No more just winging my days! More structure is better for me and my daughter. She has a set schedule. I just need to follow along with her!