overcome your fears
Friday, September 11, 2015
1. In order to overcome your fears, you have to accept and look at your fears.
2. To understand your fears, look at the worst case possible as a starting point.
3. Be prepared for the worst, e.g., have a life insurance policy to cover your loved ones, consider the resources available for dealing with future needs, and do just enough to be confident that you or your love ones can manage life (even if it is tougher) if the worst case scenario occurs, but tell yourself that you or they will figure out the details if the worst case ever occurs.
4. Know that you can’t cross a bridge (feared situation) until you get to it, but you can always deal positively with the present moment, which is where your focus should be.
5. Shine a light on and treat each and every fear in this manner until every fear is dissolved.