Thursday, September 17, 2015
I’ve made a real effort lately to have a positive attitude. I’ve always been a fairly happy person but could get into a funk when something didn’t go right. I’ve made a conscious decision to work on having a better attitude. Guess what, I’m happier!
Conscious decisions I made:
1. Smile. I find that smiling really does make me happier. Smile at a stranger and more than likely they will smile back. You might just improve their day too.
2. Be nice. Being nice to people will make you feel better. Something as simple as complimenting their sweater, might make their day.
3. Be grateful. Look at your life and count your blessings. Don’t worry about what others have. Concentrate on you!
4. Don’t sweat the little things. I think this comes with age, but there are some things that just aren’t worth the effort to be upset about.
5. Don’t get upset over things that are out of your control. This doesn’t come easy to me. If I can’t control or influence the situation, I have to let it go. It will work out one way or another and I’ll live with the situation.