Saturday, April 30, 2016
Yesterday I started a worm farm. Yes, worms! they are really productive little critters. I set up the bins by drilling holes in one of them all the way around the top in three rows and then a bunch of holes in the bottom. I had to adjust a little bit because I realized that the holes on the bottom can't be so big that the worms escape through there. I probably have to tape a few of them. I find out when I check on them today. So, anyway I set the bin with the holes over the bin with no holes. my bottom container has a lip on the side that allows the top bin to rest on in without sliding all the way in... perfect! That bottom bin is for the water (tea) to collect. I filled the top bin with some compost and kitchen scraps and added a bit of water. Worms like it moist. Off we went to the bait shop. I wanted red worms, but they had only nightcrawlers left. So we'll see how they do and that decides wether I am going to town to a different place to try for red worms again.