Tuesday, January 03, 2017
SparkCoach suggested blogging about all the ways that I have noticed improvements since living a healthier lifestyle. And Chris Downey's video lecture was on how to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging. BOTH of these topics are certainly appropriate to me!!!
Here is what I have noticed, and what keeps me motivated!!
1. When the scale isn't budging, I don't freak out -- but I know that if it is a long term problem and I am following my program, something is wrong! (thyroid last year). So I think I am more in touch with my health.
2. I can hike longer distances, and I am faster! I can go up hills -- not quickly, but I CAN GO UP!
3. My arthritis is stabilized, and I am keeping mobility
4. My skin looks better!
5. My shape isn't great -- but it is improved! (someone took a rear view photo of me going up a hill -- and I didn't hate how my butt looked! WOO HOO that's a first!)
6. My overall cholesterol is high -- but it is because my GOOD cholesterol is extremely high. My doctor is impressed!
7. I am meeting new friends through fitness activities (mostly hiking). I am single and retired, and it is really important to keep socially active. Otherwise it is entirely too easy to stay home and veg out in front of the television, or bake cookies, or play solitaire!
What keeps you motivated if the scale isn't budging? What improvements have you noticed in your overall health or appearance?