Happy New Year! (I know, it is a bit late, but in France we send our New Year cards until 15 January or even until the end of January sometimes!!!). I hope 2018 started beautifully for you. Please let me know how you are doing, I would love to hear from you!
I visited friends in the Netherlands for the last couple of days of the year, and very much enjoyed the walk we had in the dunes near their house! I have been struggling with problems with my left foot and sciatica in the last couple of months and haven’t been on a proper hike for ages. I am very much hoping this will change very soon.
I stole this blog idea from Sparkfriend ‘Livedaily’ and thought this would both be a way to share my aims (and be more accountable for them), and for you to share yours. Please have a look at her blog here:
So, here are my 18 goals of all kinds for 2018...
***HEALTH and FITNESS***
1. Walk 1 hour 5 times a week in my neighbourhood.
(I love my neighbourhood!)
2. Do at least 2 hikes or long urban walks (4 hours minimum) per month as soon as I am back on my feet.
3. Do strength training twice a week (and gardening! fantastic strength training I discovered these last few months!).
(The last rose bush I planted, just after Christmas... 'A Shropshire Lad' from David Austin... I can’t wait for it to look like this... for now it just looks like a tiny dead piece of wood in the ground, haha!)
4. Every weekend, plan my meals for the week and stick to it.
5. Try one healthy new recipe each month - and make sure to keep the ones I like!
6. Try one new fruit or vegetable each month (finally had pomegranate in December, I am hooked!).
7. Lose 20 kilos. Aim for 3 to 4 pounds a month. This isn’t an option. I know my sciatica problems will improve when I lose weight, hence leading to easier hikes and better general health. Indeed, this is a must!
8. Read one classic book per month on top of other books. (Prepare a list of what I want to read and try to get the books from the library more often, rather than always buying them on my kindle.)
9. Keep attending my creative writing classes and start writing short stories again.
10. Go to the cinema/concert/theatre at least once a month.
11. Visit more exhibitions/art galleries/museums (at least 6 to 12 during 2018).
12. Visit more parks and gardens (at least 6 during 2018).
13. Complete skills assessment (a very thorough process that I have started and which takes place over 3 months... 24 hours of meetings and home work) to help me decide what to do next in my career. Training?
(Work meeting in Estonia in summer 2016)
14. Keep trying to take at least a couple of hours to visit the places I travel to for work. Ideally more whenever possible (so looking forward to a couple of days with my dear Sparkfriends Elle and Lena in Athens, Greece, next week, after my meetings... I love them and I love their city!).
(This was Aschaffenburg, a little town near Frankfurt, Germany, last October...)
15. Decide what I want to do for my ‘big birthday’ (50!) in November.
16. Keep working on my house and garden to make them nicer... Still lots of work needed, especially on the garden!
(My living room decorated for Christmas...)
17. Get the sewing machine out and finish the bedskirt I started ages ago!
And 18. Reassess this list at the beginning of every month to see how I am doing, change what is needed to succeed and keep my new good habits!
Thank you for reading! I look forward to reading your goals for 2018! :) Have a fabulolus weekend!