I am turning 70 in November. I would like to:
1) Lose 25 pounds
2) I will increase my stamina by performing increasingly longer Aerobic sessions.
3) I will increase my muscular profile by actively performing a variety of exercises using weight
4) I will decrease my stress level by employing mind body techniques
1) I will weigh 1-7 times per week using my Yunmai scale that measures not only weight but body composition.
2 and 3) I will track my cardio vascular and strength progress using this journal.
Which follows this program.
4) I will measure my mood simply by how I feel.
1) I will follow my Food Freedom Forever plan, using some of the philosophies of the DASH diet and the mediterranean diet.
a) Drink 8 glasses of non-caffeinated beverages daily, mainly water and tea.
b) Eat slowly – 20 minutes per meal
c) Dietary: Limit legumes, soy, beans, pease and corn. Limit grains to healthy grains. Limit dairy to small quantities of butter, and small amounts of yogurt. Cut back on sugar. No more than two alcoholic beverages for the week. No carrageenan, no sulfites, no MSG.
2) My goal is to perform cardiovascular exercise 30 minutes 6 times per week. (I will work up to this depending on my schedule)
3) I will perform ST twice per week using the above book, body pump, and ST and other videos. I have four sessions in the bank with a Personal Trainer and may add to that depending on my progress.
4) I will meditate 3 times per week, starting at 5 minutes. I will read positive uplifting articles and/or books 5 times per week. I attend yoga classes as my schedule permits. (the class energy inspires me, videos don't....unfortunately)
I will adjust Cardiovascular, ST and dietary goals as I progress.
Life interferes, I will adjust accordingly and pick up where I leave off as soon as possible.
I will be my own princess.
TIMELY AND TANGIBLE
My 70th birthday
I love this lady...I have her book. I think she may be closer to or over 80 now!!
This is me 8 years ago.