I found this quote earlier this week.
Great idea--too bad I didn't remember it today.
Today we had a potluck for Hub's student congregation. I hadn't planned on going, so I hadn't prepared a healthy alternative. But Hubs texted and asked me to come--I thought because of an issue with one of the congregants. Well, I think he really just wanted me there, which is unfortunate because I wasn't careful with my eating. I ate a piece of raspberry tart, a brownie, and a bunch of chocolate candy. (Oh brother!) And my IF day is tomorrow, so not the best way to start.
BUT .... going back to the quote. I really believe that if I am going to sustain this lifestyle forever, I must be able to eat chocolate or BBQ (or whatever). But the bottom line is that a treat that I enjoy stops being enjoyable if I overindulge. Not only is the first or second serving of a food MUCH more pleasurable than the third or fourth, but also the yuck feeling that stays with me for hours after I overindulge ruins those initial bites.
BUT (pt. 2) .... this is a lifestyle, which means I will make mistakes.
So how did this week go?
1. I did the stretches, especially towards the end of the week. Still doing lousy with my strength exercises my knees, hips, and back.
2. Did better with my water. Not perfect, but better.
3. Did 2 days of IF, but I didn't do great on several of my regular days. Did crummy today with the sweets, like I mentioned. I also had a couple of dates with Hubs, which set things back a bit (but were VERY needed.) And I also indulged in a little too much red pepper hummus--sometimes with veggies and sometimes with whole wheat pretzel twists (probably not as healthy as that sound).
4. Finished Week 9 of C210k--I honestly thought I was going to have to give in and do a Week 8.5 bc I felt so tired this week. I did 3 days of strength training and really pushed myself.
5. I ate once after 6:30 because we got started with our family dinner late. I also didn't eat sweet junk by myself BUT I did eat too sweet junk today (maybe if I keep repeating it, I'll NOT do that again). And I did eat the hummus and those yummy pretzels too often by myself--again, no longer a pleasure because it wasn't in moderation.
6. I don't think I checked in to Spark everyday. But I did write 2 more posts this week.
7. I found a really good FB group for 5:2, which I've been participating in a lot. Lots of great people.
8. I actually got done even lower this week (to about 141.5), so not sure if it's been my eating or if I'm retaining water or what. Not the end of the world--it's a process, and I'll do better next week.
9. I always get WAY over 10k steps on my running days, but often quite a bit under on my strength days. But one night, I walked around my bedroom for nearly 3k steps to get to 10k.
Previous Weigh-in: 144.5 (ish) lbs
Current Weigh-in: 143 (ish) lbs
Difference: - 1-1/2(ish) lbs
Goals for this next week are going to basically be the same as last week--with one addition:
1. Bummed up to #1 this week. Be more mindful of my snacking. Continue to not eating junk food by myself. But, ALSO, for this week, I don't want to snack on anything but fruits or veggies period. And if I eat that red pepper hummus with my veggies (NO pretzels), I've got to actually measure it out.
2. Do better with my exercises/stretches for my knees, hips, and back--still doing lousy at it.
3. Do still better with drinking water.
4. Complete Week 10 of C210k. Do at least 3 days of strength training after an 18+ minute warm-up walk. Get at least 10k steps every day.
5. Do 2 days of IF. Continue to not eat after 6:30.
6. Check in to Spark everyday. Write 2 more posts this week.