Examining your Heart
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Examining your Heart. Luke 17:1-4 Nov.24 2020.
‘And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you saying, “I repent ,” you shall forgive him.” Luke 17:4
Are you able to offer forgiveness? Are you able to recieve it? Many of our serious mental issues in the world today are caused by people having a deep seeded grudge or anger against someone else. We just can’t seem to forgive that person for what they did. It hides behind many different masks but the root is not being able to forgive.
Sometimes we say that we have forgiven someone but are hearts and under lying bitterness reminds us that this is not completely true. It seems to lay inside of your heart and its often hidden deep inside. A good checklist for all of us is to ask some questions of ourselves, to see if we need to forgive or have forgiven a person.
1. Do you talk negatively about this person to others?
2. Do you spend time recalling over what they have done to you?
3. Do you blame this person on how your life has turned out?
4. Are you angry depressed or bitter often?
5. Do you hope they will get what they deserve?
6. Do you want revenge or some kind of payment from them?
7. Is it hard to thank God for this person?
Good questions for all of us. Allow God to examine your heart and ask Him to point out changes that can be made to forgive this person.
Remember that Christ died for us and we are forgiven for all that we do that is sin. If Christ can forgive you, can you not also forgive someone who has hurt you?