A thankful Thanksgiving
Thursday, November 26, 2020
Ours started out with thanks for one another. My quick list:
1. Husband making coffee every morning
2. Able to go back to sleep the couple of times I woke up last night so I’ll be rested today.
3. The tooth that broke yesterday already had a root canal so I’m not in horrible pain.
4. Looking forward to zoom visit with daughters this afternoon
5. Truly thankful for this online community
6. Very grateful that my friend IMUSTLOSEIT1 is doing better
My table is set, the smoked turkey is in the oven, half my dishes are prepared ahead of time for a no stress day. This Thanksgiving may not be what we’re accustomed to but it can still be good. I wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
My silver is Oneida Damask Rose, same as my mother’s. She had so much fun surprising me one Christmas with enough extra pieces to complete my eight place settings to a set of twelve. The little wooden squirrel napkin rings were carved by my grandmother. Each of the eight squirrels is made from a different kind and color of wood from blonde to dark brown. They’ve graced my festive tables for over thirty years.