Don't you just hate the word diet? It has such negative connotations; starving, bland foods, failure..... That has been my experience with the word diet. Since I started SP and discovered I was diabetic, I decided that diet is now one of those 4 letter dirty words.
I refuse to call what I'M doing the d-word. I have a nutrition plan to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It's a goal. One I will, to the best of my ability, meet everyday. Sure, some meals or days I may go over my goals, but I'm not going punish myself or go to the "well, I messed up one day, what's the point" insanity. We are so hard on ourselves about so many other things.....work, housekeeping, being active enough, spending time with our families, ugh, it never ends.
Which leads me to the real subject of this entry.....
My "Treat Myself Right Goals":
1. I will remember that I choose what goes into my body, and I will choose wisely. 2. I will remember that I am only one person. I can only do so much. I can ask for help.
3. I will remember that I am not infallible. I will forgive my self for errors in nutrition and at work.
4. I will treat myself to little luxuries. I don't have to do something spectacular to earn this luxury.
5. I will remember each day is a gift and be thankful for that gift no matter how wonderful or difficult that day is.
6. I will try hard (hard as it may be sometimes) to remember that my animosity for others is MY problem and it is not worth the time or energy to harbor ill will for another.
7. I will make sure my loved-ones know how much I love them.
Well, Blog, I must go.