1. Before Friday, September 15, you are challenged to do 2 HOURS OF STRENGTH TRAINING OVER 4 DAYS.
I was totally on track to do this, but Tuesday I tweaked my back during ST. It didn't really bother me at the time, but as the afternoon dragged on, I finally had to take some ibuprofen. I rested Wednesday to give my back a break, just did my everyday stuff like go to work, etc. My back was sore, but I took ibuprofen and felt like it would be fine by Thursday. Thursday morning, I was reaching into my closet for shoes and my back started spasming again! GRR!! I had to ease onto the edge of my bed and sit for a few minutes. It did stop but left a lingering soreness. So, I took ibuprofen, went to work, but didn't do my ST. :-( I miss it, but I'm not risking a more serious injury until I get this one fixed! I've got a chiropractor appt on Tuesday, along with a follow-up massage afterward. I've been doing bits of stuff that don't aggravate my back, but if I lift my left arm more than a few inches, especially if I have something in my hand, my back starts acting up. So, I'm benched for now on that side.
**no die hard stupidity please. It is best that you do not work out your arms for two hours tonight just to get it out of the way, esp if you have not been following an ST plan for an established amount of time yet**
2. WRITE ON YOUR CALENDAR/CHART/WHATEVER WHICH GROUPS YOU WORKOUT AND FOR HOW LONG YOU WORKED THEM OUT.
You will need to look back on this next week. You will need to see how often you work each group. You will need to do this so you can learn to keep balance.
I won't work my right side out of balance while my left side is rebelling. :-)
3. MUSCLE FAILURE CHALLENGE. Before Sunday, September 19th, pick !!ONE!! of the exercises from your starting line (pushups, situps, planks, squats, etc) and, instead of seeing how many reps you can do in one minute, I want you to (going SLOW and keeping proper form) see how many reps (or in the case of a plank, how many minutes:seconds) you can do before you reach muscle failure and have to stop. I am giving you until Sunday to do this so that it will not interfere with any of your ST sessions unless you want to count it as part of your 2 hour challenge.
Ok, I think I will do plank, unless it hurts my back, then I'll do pushups, unless it hurts my back, then I will do situps, unless it hurts my back, then I'll do squats.... unless it hurts my back... lol! I'll report back when done.
4. Take this week to finish getting measurements or taking pictures if you need to!
I gotta take a cutesy pic of me while I'm down so I can feel happier! I'll post that and my other before pics by the end of the weekend.
5. BONUS! Take pictures of your sweaty workout afterglows, of your healthy beautiful food, or how you spend your rest day doing happy active things!
I'm going to visit family tomorrow, and yesterday, I took the evening off and played words with friends on my phone. :-) Thursday I went on a date with my honey to Outback, which was uber fun, and we ate light stuff off the happy hour menu. Wednesday we had happy hour with a friend, so that also was uber fun. I didn't take any pics though so you'll just have to trust me on this one. :-)
Have a great weekend, my Sparkler Friends! I love you guys!