Remembering The WHY
Wednesday, June 06, 2012
I LOVE carbs, they however are not my best friend. I really do better when I moderate or in some cases eliminate the carbs. I feel better. I have more energy and I have less cravings. It is also interesting for me to note that when I give into cravings the world does not become a magical place filled with happiness, all my problems are not suddenly resolved like a sitcom nor do I usually feel completely satisfied. What I experience when I give into my cravings very rarely, if ever, lives up to my expectations. I really need to remember this for when I do I am stronger and more powerful against the cravings. I can fight strong.
Here is the WHY I want to succeed and lose weight:
1. I want to feel good in smaller more fashionable clothes.
2. I want to have more energy.
3. I want to walk with intention and energy.
4. I want better blood sugar control.
5. I want to feel healthy.
6. My mood is better when I am eating well and exercising.
7. I want the doctors to have no excuses not to fix my arthritic ankle. (If I am thin they might ignore that I am young. I am in pain most of the time now.)
8. I will be a better example to myself and my family that will make me feel better.
9. I want to live up to my own expectations.
10. I want to prove to myself that I can.
Yes the first one is superficial. But, if that is what it takes to motivate me so be it. That shows me more that I am succeeding than numbers that the doctor gives. Both are valid measures.