3 weeks meatless
Monday, September 14, 2015
Well today was my first day of going meatless for 3 weeks. My goal is to reset my taste buds for veggies and leaner proteins.
I was going to shoot for Vegan, but I can't pull that off having to cook two different meals for each meal. DH won't give up all of his meat, however he's going to "suffer through" two vegetarian meals per week...neglected to mention that we already do 2 meals per week that are vegetarian.
I am doing much better about spending 30 minutes per day doing something related to a workout. I'm not sure how to track a power walk and the tracker is not playing nice. Can't wait until Christmas. Hoping MIL will hook me up with a fitbit. Have my breakfast bars for GOTTA GO mornings when I get a last minute sub call and I'm just rolling out of bed. (Planning ahead like an adult! YAY ME!)
This week my focus is on my core for my workouts. Yoga and Pilates focus from 5 different youtube or home DVD workouts. I can feel my posture improving though I don't know if that's because when you're working your core it hurts to slouch or if it's that it at the front of my attention. Any way you look at it, we're making non-scale based victories.
Need to get back to focusing on my 10 great things that happen so here it goes.
1. My mood is improving
2. My sleep patterns are getting better.
3. I can feel my abs working this week, especially when I chuckle.
4. I read the scripture in church on Sunday and didn't shake like a leaf.
5. I'm working 3 of 5 days this week as a sub the second week of the school year.
6. I don't need more than 2 cups of coffee during the day.
7. I'm starting to crave water instead of wanting coffee all the time.
8. My nieces are safely evacuated from the fire that's threatening their home.
9. My husband made me feel like the most beautiful woman on the planet this evening
10. I can stand to look in the mirror for a few minutes and smile at myself.
Thanks for reading. Have to fly downstairs and take my breakfast bars out of the oven before they burn. Good night Spark land!!!!!