Plans, hopes and goals for 2016
Tuesday, January 05, 2016
**Plans, hopes and goals for 2016:
1. In September 2015--I lost my Bible and I'm still having a difficult time getting past that fact. I used that Bible for 20 years. It was the one I had been reading/studying when I accepted the Lord as my Savior. It was the Bible I took to church every week and took notes in about the sermons. It was the Bible that I highlighted all the verses that had personal meaning to me. It was the Bible I wrote prayers for my family and friends in.---Basically that Bible was a big part of me--my connection to the Lord. Somehow, it got left at church and never turned up again.
I've prayed and prayed for its return but it's been over 4 months and I need to get over this. I pray that wherever it is God will use it to His glory. Now I need to start fresh.
My goal for 2016: Choose a replacement Bible--decide if I should get the same version or use a different one.
2. I've spent over 2 years trying to lose weight and until these last 2 months I had NO success. What success I've had is not much, but it gives me hope. The success seems to be this LCHF Keto way of eating. And I am totally happy with the foods I can eat and that I don't feel hungry all the time.
My goal: Continue LCHF Keto eating and hopefully keep losing the pounds--however slowly it may happen. I'm not going to set time/weight goals --after 2+ years of no change in weight, it's just too discouraging.
3. My word for 2016: whole-hearted(ly) --with my whole heart
4. Books of the Bible to study this year: John, Leviticus, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, Ezra, and if there is time, also Acts and Ezekiel.
My plan is to do a prayerful, in-depth study of one book at a time using 4 different Bible translations and the S.O.A.P. method. At least for the first book of John, I plan to make an art journal notebook that will include what I'm learning from the Scriptures and how I will apply them to my daily life and personal prayers and drawings reflecting my thoughts and ideas.
5. Exercise. I feel better when I get some physical activity and stretching. I haven't seen any results from strength training but I will continue because I think it's good for me.
My goal: 30 min. cardio at least 2x week
15 min. ST 2-3x week
Stretching after any exercising.
6. My son has moved out so I actually have a room to store stuff. My plan is to finally clean out my art room and start creating art again. (So many things got in the way last year). I need to "whole-heartedly" focus on being artistic and realize that it can be a form of worship to God.
7. Keep the house cleaned and organized so I have the time to create and paint.
My goal: Establish a cleaning schedule that I can make work and a plan to keep bills & paperwork up-to date and in order. I will set up an office area in my son's room to make that happen.
8. Take the time daily to be still and know (that He is God).