This is my journal entry on May 6th: I'm excited about eating healthier and exercising. This Time I'm going to lose this weight, Once and For All.
Today journal entry, May 12th: S.O.S. -- I'm noticing the warning signs that my efforts are slipping and the struggle is beginning.
1. Increased thoughts of "I deserve this" when it comes to food.
2. Missed days logging into SparkPeople and Journal entries.
3. Less enthusiastic when it comes to walking.
4. Difficulty planning healthy dinners and too many evening snacks.
Why is this happening?
1. Scale is moving too slowly.
2. Stress of new work assignments.
3. Not enough sleep.
Ten Things I Can Do To Turn Things Around and Stay Motivated:
1. Turn off TV and read; try online games; write letters; online shop; make a vision collage.
2. Use the Calm App and sleep in my bed (instead of on couch in front of TV)
3. Shake it up when it comes to exercise. Find a new trail. Invites someone to walk with me. Get out my bike.
4. Look up new recipes. Look back at what worked previously.
5. Diet Soda -- consider limiting or switching to something else in the evening.
6. Evening Snacks -- challenge myself to one and done or try to skip snacks entirely for one night.
7. Try on clothes to see the improvements.
8. Do an at home spa treatment. Soak my feet; body scrub; lotions; facial.
9. Use my Linda Spangle and Dr. Beck books motivation/inspiration strategies.
10. Reward myself with something that will make the journey easier. Walking shoes; workout DVD; measuring cups.
I've read all these ideas at one time or another on SparkPeople. Sometimes I just need to remind myself that I can do this. Thanks for always being here SparkFriends!