10 Things I Like About Myself
Sunday, October 07, 2007
The 10 things I like about myself are:
1. The fact that I started my weight loss journey on Jan. 3, 2007, even though I knew I'd be having gastric bypass surgery later in the year. My new lifestyle change was well established before my surgery on Aug. 31, 2007. I lost 47 lbs. prior to surgery!
2. That I haven't given up. The most weight I've ever lost in my life at one time was 40 lbs. and I did this 3-4 times, but never got past 40. This time I got to 47 lbs. and I was still going strong right up to surgery.
3. I try very hard to get my 8 hours or more of sleep each night. Just this action alone has dramatically decreased my depression and my panic attacks are almost none existent.
4. I'm generous, with my time and my money (when I have some).
5. That I've been married to the same man for 29 years and it has never been a picnic, but we work through it.
6. That I work through my pain. Even though I have many physical problems that cause me pain every day, I don't stop doing what I like or should be doing.
7. My faith in God.
8. My loyalty to friends and family.
9. That I am trustworthy and honest.
10. That I'm creative and artistic.